torsdag 25. august 2011

Ananas

Yeah Eli, I know I owe you, so finally I'm doing this seriously most awkward thing imaginable; writing an Ingrid blog post in English. My amazing writing talents are now not just restricted to a few lucky, but actually breaks the language barriers and reaches out to yet undiscovered territory (not drunk but kinda wish I had something to blame.). Anyways. Holidays have been good so far with week at my summer house in southern Norway, with sunbathing (in the rain) and rowing because it's so amazingly cool. Yeah, and I also met Jens, IB2 which was kind of strange in Norway, but considering the fact that he lives like 5 minutes away it's actually more strange that we have never met before. (especially since I met a former classmate in like the nearest decent city, notice 5th largest, which is far from Oslo.) Not much more to say about that week since it mainly contained eating and also chilling but no swimming because when it got warm enough (like 14 degrees Celsius) all the Jellyfish things came and they sting. I have a Jellyfish phobia. Well, so when we all got to cold we packed up and left for Oslo, the city of the cities, where I had the first and best night of the nights as 18. Just sayin' Tuva and Benedicte are growing badass, might have something to do with amazing Interrailness, but I was amazed. Then I slept. A lot.

Second week was also qiute good as it was Benedicte my Norwegian RCN best buddy's last week of freedom before returning to RCN paradise. This meant a lot of lurking in her house + a lot of singing and some waching of brother bear. She also invited other RCN people from other countries to her house which was very strange but also quite interesting. Strange to see how similar but also how different the schools are. Even though Waterfordians like to think themselves as pushed to the limit, the other schools also have quite an academical pressure. I actually think prep time and single rooms with a lock saves us from dying. Hate to admit it but think RCN people are slightly more hardcore as they have to pull an awful lot of allnighters. They don't have Josephine though. or certain biology teachers.

Thins week has been, just I don't know, normal. Strange, but starting to feel kind of back in Norway. Everyting is  kind of normalized. Of course it has been different with 22.07, but it's also been good to see how the politicians in AP and the people in AUF have handled it. The whole of Norway in fact, has shown a side which is (to Cynical Ingrid) quite unexpected, but makes me very proud to say I'm Norwegian. Thank you!


Flowers in front of the Cathedral in Oslo, to support the victims of 22.07 http://audkvalbein.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/110730-blomster-foran-domkirken.jpg



Also, just to be ranting, it's kind of strange to see how fast I adapt to Norway, and to live here again. It's been the same each time I go home; it feels crazily sad in Jo'burg and as I just wanna stay in Swaziland forever, but after a week or so in Oslo it feels like I never left. Sad and good at the same time, but this time I think it's mostly strange. Fortunately I'm looking forward to go to Swaziland and Waterford as it is kind of "home at the moment". Also I miss people that know all the stuff. That's nice. Not IB though. Still think Waterford should do Norwegian school system. Well...

So, now the holidays are nearly gone again, and tomorrow will be kind of a wake up call as Basti is coming from Germany. Will be nice with som days of waterford gathering with Live, Jenny, Basti and Me, but also seriously strange to mix to lives. So yeah.

No I think I have done enough of embarrasing myself so think I will go and watch a movie to prevent myself from deleting this post. Good night, and Eli, see you in a week! (stoked)

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

spam